Marital Bliss

by 9:32 PM 0 comments



13 days have passed since I made the biggest change in my life: marriage. I have only begun to realize the life that Jonathon and I have made over the last four years that we've known each other. We've grown up. Thankfully, we grew together. I married my best friend - it's been the best decision I've ever made.


There were three types of people I encountered over the time that Jonathon and I were engaged and planning our wedding. 

  1. "You're too young."
  2. (whispers) "I bet she's pregnant..."
  3. "It'll be like nothing has changed."


For everyone that says that we are too young to be married - you're wrong. I've known I loved Jonathon from the day I met him.  I first said "I love you" to him when I was sixteen and sipping on wine I was not supposed to be drinking.  I fell for him over nights texting about music, life, school, friends.  We spent our nights playing games or driving around town. He accepted every flaw I knew I had, and even the ones I didn't know about. I thought he was perfect. I still do, to this day. I strongly believe that 20, 50, however many years down the road, I still will. Even if for some reason, we do end up getting a divorce - god forbid - that's our mistake to make. 






For those who though I was pregnant - you're wrong. It was not a shot-gun wedding, planning began in March. I am not pregnant, nor do we intend to have children anytime soon. A few years from now, maybe. Now? We're being us. I'm in school, busy with work and life. Jonathon is working on the road and we cherish every minute we get to be together when he is home.  We are not ready to be parents - and we know it. We want to be selfish for a little while.  We're allowed. We love our fur child and she is all we need right now! 





For those who said it will be like nothing has changed - you're right. Jonathon and I moved into our own apartment in June, four months before the wedding. We still wake up every morning and go about our routines the same as we did during those months. We spend every minute we can together - something that hasn't changed since we got married. He plays video games, and I work on homework. We make dinner or go out to eat, and we talk about our days. We bicker over whose turn it is to take out the dog, and try to remember who gave her today's medicine. He leaves wet towels on the floor and the seat up, I hate doing dishes and put them off as long as I can. It's still the same.




There are those times we're like "Hey your my husband/wife."  We play with each other's rings on our fingers.  We laugh about what a great time we had at our wedding, reception, and on our unorthodox honeymoon.  We constantly remind each other not to say boyfriend/girlfriend or fiance, but we still do sometimes. Jonathon just started actually calling me his fiance, and now he has to remember I'm his wife! 








We're us and we're perfect. 

We have this wonderful little family, in this wonderful little apartment, in this usually wonderful little town. 

I would not have it any other way. 



She's a wonderful photographer & you should check her out!

Unknown

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment